Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Heels to Toes

Well, I am having one of those moments where I evaluate my worth against, well, my actual worth.

Make sense?

I had some free time from work this evening (Read a few hours, but will begin working again after this blog entry) and decided to head out to get a drink and food with one of my good ol' friends, 88. We spent some of the time discussing how some people either inherit their riches or are capable enough to make it on their own. 88 and I come from the same cloth when it comes to wanting our own level of riches, but at the same time wanting to earn it.

The question remains, how do I do it? I don't like sitting here pondering that very question and I am even more fearful that I will be pondering it 10 years from now when I have a family. I remember thinking about it quite a bit when I was 20. Fast-forward 10 years from now and I have a certain lifestyle that I would be proud of when I was 20, but what did I know when I was that age. I have new goals.

Hence, I continue chasing that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

It's ironic, because I have been told to enjoy the life you live now and not focus on what I want for my future. I understand this wisdom was given to me as a point of concentration on how I was living my life at that very moment and the person didn't truly mean for me not to think about my future at all. They were just implying that there needs to be a balance.

Tonight gave me a moment of insight that I need to tilt the scales in favor of my future. Don't get the wrong idea, I am not forgetting about my life as it is now. I am fully focused on living to the fullest.

My most recent burst of Type A energy at work has enlightened me to my potential. Why waste it?

So, my need to be open to new ways of working and new encounters may lead to a growing pattern that puts me on a path that better suits that balance I am looking for.

Heels to toes, I lean forward with every effort to make my future, my present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home