Thursday, April 21, 2011

Miguel's Bachelor Party - Day 12 - Phi Phi/Phuket

Miguel is up and out the door shortly after Bobby and I get back to the room for his one chance to scuba. We all agree to meet at the dock for our 2pm ferry back to Phuket as a sign that the trip is winding down. Our time was a lot of fun on Phi Phi and Bobby and I chose to honor it with one last meal sitting in a restaurant overlooking the bay as we took our time to munch on spring rolls and sandwiches.



We said our fairwells to the party that never stops, so we could go to the other party that never stops on Phuket. We have two more nights in Thailand, the full moon party is happening the second night and what Bobby said on Phi Phi keeps crawling up to the front of my mind. "When are you ever going to do this again?" Not that I needed to be reminded, but motivation is a trigger for me.

On our second to last night, we were focused and driven to do exactly what we knew we wanted to do based on being focused and driven to do exactly what we wanted to do based on...just kidding.

As we scoured the rest of Phuket for any last minute gift buying, we started to head back to freshen up for the evening and we walked past a Turkish kebab stand situated in the lobby of a hotel that attracted the senses more than the Ping Pong Show. That's saying something. The smell of the meat rotating and sizzling stopped me in my tracks and I said to the guys, "We are coming here tonight after the bars."


We made good on my promise and for that, we were not let down. One of the best kebabs I've had to date. I was even dreaming of finding a way to work a business deal out with the guy to patent his technique to be introduced to the states (I was drunk) for mass distribution on a similar scale of the food trucks. Amazing flavor, such that, if I were to go back to Phuket, I would make a stop, or two, at that place every day.



As usual, on our return home, the show never stopped along the main street. Sometimes, the real show, are not the Thai girls, but the passerbys.

Full Album of Phi Phi Island
Full Album of Phuket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home