Saturday, September 12, 2009

Espana Countdown

What does it take to tip the scale that weighs in on decisions guiding your life? Everyone's life is influenced by, and for the most part built from, a handful of defining moments. What is more interesting is that the defining moments don't have to be extraodinary. They just have to effect change in the way you choose to live your life.


I have been wanting and attempting to learn to speak spanish for as long as I know. Who remembers four years of spanish in high school? What do you remember to say from all those years of learning the language...Donde esta el bano? However, fear of failing, fear of not advancing in other aspects of my life, and lack of motivation have consumed me long enough as energies against something that is actually very important to me.


Enter a defining moment: A simple conversation with friends sparked that old feeling, desire to learn the language of my dad's family.

What will I remember 10-15 years from now when I have my mid-life crisis? The numerous achievements accomplished due to my devotion for a company I don't own? Before I get to that point of realization that life has gone by living it for a corporation, it's time to shift the balance in favor of something I won't regret.

The countdown kicks off with a new chapter in my life to move to Madrid, Spain where I will stay until I learn the language and culture of my dad's ancestors.

I hope you brush up on your spanish speaking skills, because in a year, my posts will definitely change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home